Sunday, October 9, 2022

 The Sunshine State?


I slept really well and got up about 9:00.  My prayer was answered, and my ear had popped during the night and I could hear again!


When I looked out there was some sun and a lot of clouds.  By the time I got myself together and ate the bagel I bought yesterday, it was pouring.  Then the thunder started - I don't mind walking in the rain (remember, I brought my umbrella) but I don't walk during a thunderstorm.  


I went downstairs to see about taking the shuttle to the port tomorrow.  Turns out I can't do it until after 2pm.  There were lots of people sitting in the lobby waiting for today's shuttle to Allure of the Seas.


Back to my room where I made a glass of cold-brew tea and started on the blog.  The thunder passed but the rain continued.  Talked to the valet and made my reservation for the shuttle at noon tomorrow.  My check-in time is not until 12:40 but I would rather wait there than in the hotel.


Although the rain continued and the thunder boomed off and on, I went out to get the last few remaining items I needed.  Looked for an ATM but passed two banks without one (???) and one with a broken one.  There is one in the lobby that I finally found and got some more cash.


I have seen a few people I recognize that will be on the cruise but no one I really know.


Went out to eat at the Mexican Restaurant (La Bamba) that I found yesterday.  The food was delicious but there was so much I could not finish my plate (that doesn't happen often).  I stopped in Publix on my way home and got a Coke Zero (my new favorite) and something for breakfast.  


Watched a little TV and then finished this up and hopefully, will be able to get to sleep early although I can sleep very late in the morning since I don't have to be out of my room until 11 (Shuttle is at 12).


Smooth sailing until next time!

5 comments:

  1. Happy sailing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful trip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking us all along for these voyages! I will be following!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great cruise! Looking forward to reading all about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Inquiring Minds Want to Know - February 9 My daughter flew down and we flew back to Ricmond January 11th.  She drove me directly to VCU hosp...