Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Another Day - Maybe the Last - December 28


My mind went over and over the possibilities for having to get off the ship for about an hour but then I slept really well for over seven hours on my back. That never happens.  I only woke up sometime around three when there was an emergency call broadcast into the cabin (very unusual).  Went back to sleep quickly afterwards.  I was able to get up okay but as soon as I put my weight on my right leg, the pain was back.  It feels very much like the pain from my piriformis only in a different location (feels like a stake being driven into your muscle every time you step).


I managed to get ready and go up to the Lido for food so I could take my pills.  Lunch had not started but one of the bar servers went in the back and got me some bread.  I sat for some time by the Lido pool and enjoyed the nice weather.


Kathy and Mike came by and sat with me and we had drinks as they ate their lunch.  They then came back to my cabin and we sorted through the two suitcases which mainly contained Linus Blankets.  They took the bag of blankets to give to Marty (who is in charge of the program on the world and is boarding tomorrow) and also took away my Coke Zero collection in case I don't return.  I really appreciate their efforts to help me.


I went to 4:30 trivia and then had a 5pm reservation for the Pinnacle Grill.  Rich (richwmn for those on Cruise Critic) joined me and we had a nice conversation during dinner.  The place was packed with last night diners.


We then went to watch the end of the Jukebox Rogues third show and then went to Music Trivia which was on Motown.  Our team won.


My appointment with the doctor is at 8am tomorrow.  I know I need to leave the ship to get an MRI but I am keeping up a slim hope that something can be found and done before the World Cruise starts on January3.  Not sure if HAL will even let me do that but tomorrow will be a very interesting day.


Trivia - We had 11 out of 17 and the winning team had 14.

1.  What is Japanese horseradish better known as?

2.  What does VSOP mean on a bottle of brandy?

3.  How many different colors were in the first box of Crayola crayons?

4.  What is the name for a group of monkeys?

5.  What was the first toy advertised on TV?



1.  wasabi

2.  Very Superior Old Pale

3.  8

4.  troop

5.  Mr. Potato Head


Smooth sailing until next time!


5 comments:

  1. Wishing you well and a speedy recovery, sorry you had to cancel the GWV but five months of pain, yikes. Take care!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you nonstop! Sending positive vibes for healing and relief from pain. If there is anything Seth or I can do, please reach out or send word! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you! Sending prayers & positive thoughts your way. So very sorry you’re going through this. I know this wasn’t on your original itinerary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was from Andrea🥰

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, we're all sending good thoughts for a recovery. A little worried haven't heard from you lately. Elvira sends her best thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Inquiring Minds Want to Know - February 9 My daughter flew down and we flew back to Ricmond January 11th.  She drove me directly to VCU hosp...