Saturday, December 10, 2022

Pain in Praia, Cape Verde - December 10


I had not booked a tour since I had done one when I was here in 2018.  Judy (Lee) had said she might want to take the shuttle into town, so I went to visit her.  Turns out she wasn't feeling too well, so we talked for a while instead. 


After having lunch, I took the shuttle into town to get some pictures.  My leg was hurting and my hip has decided to jump on the pain wagon and was also hurting.  I made it the two short blocks from the shuttle to Alexandre Albuquerque Square.  I walked around the square and then back to the shuttle.  From the time I got off the ship until I got back on was one hour.


Walking hurt so much, I actually sat in my cabin for almost two hours (and you know I had enough of my cabin when I was in solitary).  At 4 pm I called the Medical Center to make another appointment.  The best they could give me was tomorrow at 4pm (evidently a lot of us old fogies are falling apart). 


Having had enough of my cabin, I sat out in one of the deck chairs and worked on my knitting before watching us sail away just before 6pm.


I went to 7 pm trivia and then dinner and the show.  Sam and Victoria, two of the singers, and the four dancers performed the show, "Dance Fever".  The other two singers, Hailey and Jack, were in the audience and they were acting out the dances in their seats.


There was a Pajama Party in the Crow's Nest but I didn't have the energy to hobble up to take some pictures.


I want to wish my grandson, Turner, a wonderful 12th birthday today.


Mindelo, Cape Verde tomorrow.


7pm trivia - I had 10 out of 17 and the winning team had 16.

1.  What two ingredients make up a Godmother drink?

2.  How many players on a rugby team?

3.  What color is a sunset on Mars?

4.  What can a tick bite make you allergic to?

5.  In what year was the game Pac-Man released?

6.  In what country was the first FIFA World Cup held? 





1.  vodka and amaretto

2.  15

3.  blue

4.  red meat

5.  1980

6.  Uruguay


Smooth sailing until next time!



                        Views from the town 


the ship from the drop-off point of the shuttle


the cathedral - there was a service going on which I think was a wedding








snacks for sale in the square


Portuguese style sidewalk beside the cathedral


Cabral Museum - he was a famous fighter for independence from Portugal



Views from the ship









1 comment:

Inquiring Minds Want to Know - February 9 My daughter flew down and we flew back to Ricmond January 11th.  She drove me directly to VCU hosp...