Monday, January 9, 2023

 Evicted - January 9


Early in the morning, I was visited by Dr. Occy’s partner. He said I had two choices - either to go to a rehab center or go home. The idea of going to the rehab center was to have intensive physical therapy which might relieve the pain. I questioned whether intensive physical therapy could possibly increase the pain in the short term. I did not want to chance that. So I am going home.


I started checking JetBlue flights because they are the only carrier that has direct flights between Richmond and Fort Lauderdale. There was space on the Wednesday ones and so I then called my daughter. She’s going to fly down on the morning direct flight, spend the day here helping me, and then we will fly back on the evening direct flight which arrives in Richmond just after 11 PM.



The plan for Monday and Tuesday was to work on increasing my ability to sit in a chair for long periods of time and work out a short term pain plan so I will be able to do that as well as to get on and off the plane.


A great physical therapist named Ruth came and helped me this morning. She showed me some exercises to do, some helps in walking around, got the back brace on correctly, and generally gave me the confidence that I can do this. We did a test run with me sitting in the chair for a while - two hours actually - and then taking pain pills and doing a lap around the floor which wasn’t too bad. When I came back, however, I was exhausted. I got into the bed and slept for a couple hours. I sat in the chair for dinner and to watch a little bit of news after dinner (all wearing the back brace).


Dr.  Maimi came by to check on me and told me the best thing to do (since I don’t have an oncologist or even a confirmed diagnosis) was to go to the emergency room of a good hospital when I get home and complain of back pain and I can get the process going.  She also said that I needed to have more biopsies done to pinpoint what kind of cancer it is.  The amount Dr. Klinger was able to do was not enough of an area to get a good reading. I am feeling much more confident now having a plan of action.


I expect Tuesday to be very similar to today.


Once again I want to give my heartfelt thanks to all of you who continue to read my reports and send me love and prayers.  It really helps me to get through this trying ordeal.  Love to you all.❤💘💗💖

10 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you're being "evicted" and can get started on a plan of action. Having your daughter come down to assist is a very good move as well. Thanks for the continued updates, and I look forward (as I'm sure you are) to this all being part of your distant past!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy your plan of action includes HOME. Everything will look better when you are in familiar environments with people you know around to support you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow and wish you a comfortable as possible trip. Thank goodness your daughter will be with you for help and comfort.
    Gail (1of4)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathi,
    I am so happy that you are going home. It will make everything better. I pray that you get a correct diagnosis and the medical professionals will be able to take care of you and get you back on your feet as quick as possible.
    God bless and safe travels. Keep us posted as you can.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your daughter is going to help you fly home. It would be daunting to have to do it yourself. You are very brave, and I am hoping once you get back to Richmond, that you will have a good medical team that can figure out exactly what is going on and will provide the best treatment possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you have a solid plan to get home assisted by your daughter. Hopefully, they’ll give you your medical records so you can present those to your new physicians. I mention this only because my mom has been dealing with issues for seven years and has had to be her own advocate with a binder full of timelines and treatments. Safe and comfortable as possible travel home and keep us posted as you are able.

    Cheryl
    (ellbelle)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers, hugs for you and your family. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you have headed home. You know the Ashland crew will be happy to help you with whatever you need (we can deliver yarn!) Praying for exactly the care you need. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are settled at home and recovering well. Would love an update when you feel up to it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think of you every day hoping your treatment is going well. Please let us know how you are doing as you are able.

    Cheryl
    (ellbelle)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking of you and hoping everything is ok. So many of us are concerned. Canadianbear

    ReplyDelete

Inquiring Minds Want to Know - February 9 My daughter flew down and we flew back to Ricmond January 11th.  She drove me directly to VCU hosp...