Sunday, January 8, 2023

 A Very Quiet Weekend - January7-8


No doctor visits or news over the weekend (or at least at 4pm as I type this).  Yesterday they did not want to let me get out of the bed without the dreaded back brace but it didn’t fit right.  This morning some guy in a lab coat came by and “fixed” it so I used it on a visit to the bathroom.  I almost decapitated my self on the front bar. The nurse took it off and it has not been mentioned again.  In truth, it feels fairly good when I am standing or walking but not for sitting.


I slept too much yesterday and had trouble getting to sleep until I had meds at about 2am.  I had a nightmare where I was on a ship with the windows in different sizes and colors passing me like I was on an elevator.  The same continued as I woke, not knowing where I was.  I asked the lady I saw (actually my roommate) if I was on a ship or in a hospital.  I got up as she was answering, “hospital”, and headed with Holly (my rollator) to the restroom.  My roommate by then had found a nurse who helped me back to bed and I was finally out of the dream.


I had visit number three from the “Rehabilitation Vultures “ as I am calling them, today.  They want me to come to their facility for a few days to a week or so and do enhanced PT.  Sounds good if I lived here (I would get all the services as at the hospital) but I want to start cancer treatment or go home to get it asap.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you Kathi for the update. It sounds like you are slowly getting back some movement, but with obstacles, like the brace, to still overcome. I hope that gets easier for you soon. It also is good they are taking care of you including your roommate. I will continue to pray and send you positive thoughts as well as a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kathi, please update us at Cruise Critic when you can. We wish you well.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiring Minds Want to Know - February 9 My daughter flew down and we flew back to Ricmond January 11th.  She drove me directly to VCU hosp...