Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Three out of four ain't bad - December 21


I had four things I planned to accomplish - 1) go to an urgent care facility, 2) get cash for the cruise from an ATM, 3) get a pedicure, and 4) get a haircut.  I was able to do 3 of these but not the really important one.  


Starting out around 10:30 my first stop was at an urgent care facility.  I explained my situation and the lady asked me if I had insurance.  Yes, Medicare.  They don't take Medicare.  I left and found a bench nearby and googled "urgent care facilities near me" and called the closest.  No, they did not take Medicare.  It then dawned on me that this is Florida - every other person has Medicare and they don't want to deal with the hassle of all that paperwork.  Let the old folks go to their personal doctor.


My other errands were done easily.  There was a Chase Bank on my way to the shopping center and got the cash.  Then I went to the nail salon I had eyed when here in October and got a great pedicure.  Lunch was at the Mexican restaurant, "La Bamba" where I had a delicious lunch and then Great Clips for a fantastic haircut.


With my chores checked off my list, I went to Publix and picked up a few more pain patches (I now have enough to get to New Zealand if needed [let's hope it's not]) and then a little retail therapy at TJ Maxx where I found a cute shirt with giraffes on it.


When I returned to the hotel, my rollator had arrived.  It was not, however, fully assembled as the lady had told me when I ordered it.  The very nice lady at the desk said the handyman could put the last few pieces on it but it would take a little time because he was on break.  Assuring her I wasn't going anywhere, I said that was fine.  About a half hour later she came to my door with it.  It really is useful already.


Since I had a big lunch, I was not hungry at dinnertime, so I stayed in and had goldfish and a chocolate chip cookie when I got hungry (who says I don't eat nutritiously?).


The weather people down here are freaking out because there are going to be low temps in the 40s for Christmas (the horror of it!!!).  I hope those of you in really cold areas stay warm and toasty and have a great holiday.


I spent time talking to my friends Carolyn and Frances and talked to my daughter and grandkids.  Started repacking the one suitcase I opened in preparation for returning to the sea tomorrow.


Smooth sailing until next time.



Merry Christmas to me!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inquiring Minds Want to Know - February 9 My daughter flew down and we flew back to Ricmond January 11th.  She drove me directly to VCU hosp...