Tuesday, October 11, 2022

 A Beautiful Sea Day


Today was our Cruise Critic roll call’s first Meet and Greet.  There were over 300 on the roll call so we took over most of the Crow’s Nest.  I never could see the people who put together everything for us.


I did some knitting before lunch.  Because of the time of trivia (1:00), I am not sure if I will eat before or after.  Today I tried lunch before trivia.


I don’t know any people playing trivia so I asked to join a team.  We only had eight correct answers and there were five teams that tied with 16 out of 18. During the pandemic, HAL must have cleared out some warehouses because they had prizes (none in 2020) and they were the HAL pins from ages ago. Today's were the South American pins.  After discussing with my two most loyal readers, I have decided to put the trivia questions at the end of the post.


The first Arts and Crafts meeting was at 2:30 and there was a crowd.  I sat in the wrong area and could not find a seat in the new area assigned to Nancy, the instructor.  She is repeating each lesson at 2:30 and 3:30 since this area only holds about 60 people.


In the meantime, I turned in my passport (usually they keep them for most of the cruise to facilitate entering various countries).  After that I went to check the Guest Services line which had only grown longer, so I returned to the Lido to hear Nancy’s introduction. There were only about 20 present.


We had a “Block Party” at 4.  Everyone was supposed to bring a wine glass (free wine) and come out in the hall. I didn’t think it was as good as the one on Prinsendam in 2019.


Then it was back to the Crow’s Nest for afternoon trivia.  I played with a different team and think I will stay with them. We had 12 out of 18 and the winners had 16.


At dinner the couple who wasn't there last night showed up.  Turns out it was a couple I knew from 2020.  They were at the table where I ate when I dined early rather than my normal time.  What a coincidence.  The other person is still MIA.  I had a good steak and the desert was a fabulous Red Velvet cake.  Many of the cakes on ships are rather dry but this one was perfect.


I went to see the comedian after dinner but didn't stay for the whole show.  Thought I would check out the Guest Services line and there were only three people waiting to be helped so I got in line.  Turns out the refrigerator was on my booking and he promised that I would get it tomorrow.


After taking a walk around the deck, I called it a night.  We lose one hour tonight and then four of the next five nights.


Afternoon trivia

1.  What is the national dish of Spain?

2.  Who invented the rabies vaccine?

3.  How many humans play on each side in a polo match?

4.  Who in Hollywood is known as "the voice of God"?

5. How long is an eon in geology?


1.  paella

2.  Pasteur

3.  4

4.  Morgan Freeman

5.  a billion years


Evening trivia

1.  How many permanent teeth does a dog have?

2.  When did the Beatles split up?

3.  Which planet has the most moons?

4.  What part of a dog sweats?

5.  Which southern Italian city is considered the birthplace of pizza?


1.  42

2.  1970

3.  Saturn

4.  paws

5.  Naples


Smooth sailing until next time!




3 comments:

  1. Hi Kathi, Where are they holding the arts and crafts? They really need to set up a special Internet help desk off to the side during the first few days. So much time is occupied by folks helping people learn how to work their phones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are Frances and I your most loyal readers!!?? I thought God was either George Burns or Morgan Freeman! I like the trivia like this, less scrolling up and down ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start to the trip, Kathi! Thanks for sharing --- see you in January.

    ReplyDelete

Inquiring Minds Want to Know - February 9 My daughter flew down and we flew back to Ricmond January 11th.  She drove me directly to VCU hosp...