Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Another Lovely Day


At 10am we had our first Sit and Stitch get-together and it was very well attended.  Saw some people from previous cruises and got to talk with them.


Once again, I had lunch early since trivia is at 1pm.  I left Sit and Stitch and went directly to lunch.  Despite the cutbacks, the food is still very good.


Played with a different group at trivia (didn't see any of yesterday's team) but trivia is very well attended.  We take up most of the Crow's Nest.


I had decided to go to the 3:30 Arts and Crafts so it was time to get in the pool.  The water was perfect.  There were too many in the pool for me to swim laps but I was able to do some water aerobics.  I then sat out for some sun time and talked with a friend I had made on the South Pacific cruise in 2016.


3:30 Arts and Crafts was also well attended (I had seen Nancy turning away people for the 2:30 session because she had reached capacity.).  We made earrings, a chain to match, and a necklace extender.  Because of the huge turnout, Nancy is thinking of going with a sign-up sheet.  It was so warm in the Lido (we have to sit by the doors that go to the mid-ship pool), we decided at our table we were okay with taking our masks off.  (I am having trouble remembering my mask and have had to return a few times to get it.)


All of last night's trivia players showed up for afternoon trivia.  Afterwards, I went by Guest Relations (only 5 people in line) to ask about an extension cord.  They brought my refrigerator today and plugged it in to my one and only 115v outlet.  Right now the fridge is under the desk taking up most of the space.  When my bed gets separated tomorrow I think I can move it to the foot of the bed so I have space for my legs under the desk.


This was our first formal night and also the Black and Gold Ball.  The Captain and officers had two "Welcome" ceremonies at 4:30 and 7 (for early and main sitting diners).  The Captain introduced the heads of the various departments then raised a toast to the voyage.  Most people in attendance were very dressed up.


The Formal Night menu was very much as in the past with Surf and Turf, Shrimp Cocktail, etc.  The food was delicious.


After dinner was the Black and Gold Ball.  Not a huge crowd but typical for that time of night (9:30).  Those who were there were having a good time dancing.


We lose another hour tonight.


1pm trivia - We had 13 out of 17.  Winners had 15

1.Which has less sugar - a strawberry or a lemon?

2.  How many seconds in a day?

3.  A male donkey is known as a "Jack", what is a female donkey known as?

4.  What year was Google created?

5.  What is the tiny piece at the end of a shoelace called.

6.  What is the most popular drink in the world after water?


1. lemon

2. 86,400

3.  Jenny

4.  1998

5.  aglet

6.  tea


4:30 trivia - we had 12 out of 18, winners had 15

1.  How many films have Al Pacino and Robert Deniro appear in together?

2.  What is seismology the study of?

3.  Which has more land - Antarctica or South America?

4.  Which nation invented the clock pendulum?

5.  What country has the only floating post office?


1.  4

2.  earthquakes

3.  South America

4.  Netherlands

5.  India


I have been asked about my cabin category.  I am in an "H" category, which on the small ships is "Partially Obstructed" (H varies on other size ships in the HAL fleet).


Smooth sailing until next time!



Cruise and Travel Director, Jeremy Hales


Captain Ane Smit







Formal night dinner menu and my choices



After dinner, a chocolate "pillow gift" was on my bed.  The medallion below is of white chocolate.



Today's crafts - the beads were made in Ghana of recycled glass



Two pictures from the Captain's Ball - not a huge attendance but there wasn't a big area to dance












 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like at wonderful day! Thanks for the update 😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love waking up to a new blog post each day as you continue your adventure! Crossing my fingers that your internet stays strong!

    We are also booked in a category H cabin on the Zaandam in January…specifically #7083 which is one of 2 obstructed ocean view cabins at the back of deck 7. Would you happen to know if there are any lounge chairs on the small aft deck on 7? Or even the aft deck on 6? I am hoping we can use that area as a make-shift balcony! Three years ago we spent a lot of time there on our Antarctica cruise.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check out deck 7 aft to see what is there.

      Delete
  3. Glad to see you doing another blog, Kathi! Love your CD, Jeremy. He's a cutie and a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He seems very nice from what I have seen of him.

      Delete

Inquiring Minds Want to Know - February 9 My daughter flew down and we flew back to Ricmond January 11th.  She drove me directly to VCU hosp...