Saturday, November 26, 2022

It's Time for a Free Drink (or two) - November 26


In the morning announcements, Erica let us know that because of our missed port today, there would be an open bar (at all the bars) from noon to 1pm.  Needless to say, everyone took advantage of it, even if it was only for soft drinks.  I had two but the second one was very weak so I was not loopy all afternoon. 


Other than that, there was nothing out of the ordinary during the day - I did my usual routine with one exception.  Normally I walk a mile on the Promenade deck around 5 pm.  Believe it or not, it was too chilly to walk outside (60 degrees but with a strong wind).  I didn't bring cold weather clothes - they are coming in my second luggage shipment for the world cruise.  So, instead I walked inside twice around decks 6 and 7 and four times around deck 3 between the forward and aft elevators.  I noticed that there is a quarantine section on deck 6 with the last 10 cabins on the port side blocked off.


All were present for dinner and I went to the show afterwards.  Selim Kagee was the singer and had a great voice.


Walvis Bay, Namibia tomorrow.


1pm trivia - We had 14 out of 18 and the winning team had 16.

1.  How many inches can a crocodile stick out its tongue?

2.  What medical condition kept William Blount from riding horseback to the 1787 Constitutional Convention?

3.  What was 60s super model Twiggy's real name?

4.  What was the code name for the German plan to invade Britain?

5.  Which Rogers and Hammerstein musical is the most performed by high schools in the U.S.?





1.  0

2.  hemorrhoids

3.  Leslie Hornby

4.  Operation Sea Lion

5.  Oklahoma


4pm trivia was repeat questions about Africa, so I am not posting any of them.


Smooth sailing until next time!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inquiring Minds Want to Know - February 9 My daughter flew down and we flew back to Ricmond January 11th.  She drove me directly to VCU hosp...