Wednesday, December 14, 2022

A Journey to a Mythical Land - December 14


There really are some very nice people in the world.  I had asked on our Grand Africa roll call (on Cruise Critic) if anyone had a type M plug to be used in South Africa.  I received a call from a lady who was willing to order one and have her daughter bring it when she got on the ship and a man on the ship willing to give me one because he had too many.  Later in the day, my friend Sandy, said she had a folding cane that she would lend me for the GWV so I would not need to find one in Fort Lauderdale.  What great people!


After doing my usual daily routine, Sandy and I were talking as we waited for crafts.  I was lamenting the fact that after going weeks without gaining any weight, I had gained two pounds since I have not been able to walk my laps around the deck.  Sandy said that she had heard of this place onboard that was filled with many large beasts.  Saying although it was not a place she had been to, she was sure it really existed.  Of course, she was talking about the gym.  When I had piriformis muscle problems back in the spring, one of the exercises I did in PT was on a stationary bike.  I thought maybe that riding a bike or using an elliptical machine would help because my leg and hip only hurt when they carry my full weight (like walking) and would augment the exercises I am doing now and maybe keep the weight from piling on.


So, after 4pm trivia, I ventured to deck 8 and sure enough, there was such a place but some of those beasts were mighty intimidating.  I couldn't even figure out how to get on some (which I think were ellipticals) and nobody seemed to be on duty.  I found a bicycle, figured out how to adjust the seat and turn it on, and rode for 12 minutes.  During my PT I did 10 minutes and did not want to overdo now and make more problems.  Provided I feel okay tonight, I will go back tomorrow for a few more minutes and maybe, if someone is on duty, figure out the elliptical machines.


I dined tonight with Judy (Bob) and Bob at their table.  We talked until almost 9:30. I skipped the show, another comedian.





1pm trivia - We had 13 out of 19 and the winning team had 16.  If some of these sound familiar, all but the bonus question are repeats from previous trivias 

1.  What percentage of air makes up a Twinkie?

2.  What is a group of frogs called?

3.  What is the capital of India?

4.  What star sign is directly opposite of Scorpio on the Zodiac chart?

5.  What color are the four Teletubbies? (the bonus)





1.  68%

2.  army

3.  New Delhi

4.  Taurus

5.  purple, green, yellow, and red


4pm trivia - This was a lightning trivia and Erica used more of the questions we turned in yesterday.  It was much harder than yesterday's and we only had 10 out of 30.  The winning team had 20.

1.  What musical instrument's name means "jumping flea"?

2.  One-half of a byte is called what?

3.  What are the three ingredients in a "Dark and Stormy" cocktail?

4.  Who is the only person inducted into both the baseball and football halls of fame?

5.  What mountain is closest to the Moon?

6.  Who played Lumpy on Leave It To Beaver?






1.  ukelele

2.  nibble

3.  dark rum, ginger beer, and lime

4.  Cal Hubbard

5.  Mount Chimborazo (in Ecuador)

6.  Frank Bank


Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inquiring Minds Want to Know - February 9 My daughter flew down and we flew back to Ricmond January 11th.  She drove me directly to VCU hosp...