Tuesday, December 13, 2022

The Dreaded "P" Word - December 13


My leg was feeling a little better this morning so I started without the cane and was able to make it until after lunch.  When I returned to my cabin before trivia, however, I needed it again. 


When trivia was over, I went to speak with the representative from Luggage Forward.  Many people received their tags when he came on board a couple of days ago but I didn't.  I had been told that Luggage Forward would pick up the two suitcases I shipped in September, hold them for two days, and then return them to Zuiderdam on the 22nd of December.  When I told the rep my name, he said, "Oh, I know about you."  Sounded a bit ominous 😲 but he said that Justin (who I had spoken with to set up the shipping of my luggage from home) had e-mailed and told him  about my luggage situation.  Luggage Forward picking up these two bags made my life much simpler (even before I had movement issues) by not having to take four suitcases (two I shipped and two that I brought with me) to the hotel for two days and then back to the port to board the new ship.


After this I went to spend some time in the hot tub.  I thought the hot water wouldn't hurt but maybe would help my hip and leg.  It felt wonderful (I let the jets pulse against the points where I have the most pain) but I don't think it really helped.


Our dinner table ate in the Pinnacle Grill tonight.  It's very nice to have a good group, which I have been lucky to have on most cruises.  We had a good time, good wine, and good food.


The show tonight was B.B. King's All-Star Band and they were fantastic.  Some of the HAL ships have a B.B. King Band on all the time but the smaller ships (like Zaandam) don't.  The Band had people dancing and singing all over the World Stage.


Now to the "P" word --- packing (ugh!).  I had my room stewards get my suitcases out from under the bed today.  I am not going to do my best packing job because things won't be in there but a couple of days and with my leg acting up, things take three times as long to do.  I will be happy just getting everything in during the next six days.  


We gain another hour tonight.


1pm trivia - We had 14 out of 18 and the winning team had 17

1.  For which country did Lennox Lewis box in the 1988 Olympics?

2.  What type of animal does "lagomorph" pertain to?

3.  Who won a BAFTA, Golden Globe, Oscar, and Grammy in the same year?

4.  What is the official marine animal of Hawaii?

5.  Who directed the 1980 film Platoon?





1.  Canada

2.  rabbits

3.  Lady Gaga

4.  humpback whale

5.  Oliver Stone



4pm trivia - this was called "Trivia Roulette" which consisted of questions turned in by the players.  We had 14 out of 18 and the winning team had 17.

1.  Who coined the term "computer bug"?

2.  What is the title of Beethoven's only opera?

3.  What is a group of sea cucumbers called?

4.  Who invented peanut butter?

5.  When did the Battle of Thermopylae take place?





1. Grace Hopper (they actually found a moth in a computer in 1947)

2.  Fidelio

3.  pickle

4.  Marcellus Gilmore Edson     

5.  480 BCE


Smooth sailing until next time!


                                Pinnacle Grill 


Lobster Bisque


Filet Mignon


Creme Brulee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inquiring Minds Want to Know - February 9 My daughter flew down and we flew back to Ricmond January 11th.  She drove me directly to VCU hosp...