Monday, December 19, 2022

It's Almost Over - December 19


A few of us got together for our last Sit and Stitch.  After lunch, I stopped by Guest Services because, like many others, I still had not gotten luggage tags (usually we get them days in advance).  The girl I spoke with said they would be delivered by my room steward later in the day.  


I went to the "Origins Story" of Holland America who will be celebrating its 150th anniversary in 2023.  I had seen the video at the start of the cruise but the Captain spoke and many of the crew came out on the stage.


For the rest of the afternoon I played trivia twice, knitted, and went by crafts because Nancy had a gift for us (a pretty necklace).


Returned to my cabin and still no luggage tags at 5pm.  Called Guest Services at 6 and was told again they would be delivered.  When I left for dinner at 7:20, still no labels.  In the meantime, Josh from Luggage Forward came by to change the tags on my two bags they will be keeping until Thursday. 


I came back after dinner and still no luggage tags.  I went to the show (a comedian who was actually funny) and then back to Guest Services.  She gave me the luggage tags and the letter about when to disembark (which I also had not gotten).  I have to be off between 8 and 9 - I plan to be as close to 9 as possible.


I had all bags out by 10:45 (the letter said by 11) and then relaxed for a bit with my last Coke Zero.


1pm trivia - We had 16 out of 21 and the winners had 20

1.  What is the largest food and beverage company in the world?

2.  What country has the most bicycles per capita?

3.  Who discovered the rings of Saturn?

4.  Which U.S. state has the most active volcanoes?

5.  What are the six categories of Nobel prizes (1 pt. each)?





1.  Nestle

2.  Netherlands

3.  Galileo

4.  Alaska

5.  Peace, Physics, Chemistry, Literature, Economics, Physiology (Medicine)


4pm trivia had all questions given before during the cruise.  There was a total of 44 answers - we had 33 and the winning team had 41

1.  What is gamophobia?

2.  What is a group of ladybugs?

3.  What was a Baby Ruth first called?

4.  What are the seven colors in a rainbow?

5.  What did Frank H. Fleer introduce in 1928?




1.  fear of commitment

2.  loveliness

3.  Kandy Kake

4.  red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet

5.  bubble gum


Smooth sailing until next time!


Pictures updated when I am on land with good wi-fi.  





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inquiring Minds Want to Know - February 9 My daughter flew down and we flew back to Ricmond January 11th.  She drove me directly to VCU hosp...