Sunday, December 18, 2022

 Zaandam’s Got Talent – December 18

 

Since I didn’t have any plans until 10:30, I planned to sleep until at least 9.  Unfortunately, I woke up at 7am and started thinking about all I had to do over the next five days and could not get back to sleep.  I packed some and then met Judy (Bob), Bob, and Sandy for the last Sunday Brunch.

 

I was the only one of the team at 1pm trivia and then went down to get a seat for the Crew Talent Show.  I was there 35 minutes early and could not get a good seat but at least I could see part of the show.  I am always amazed by the work the crew put into the show after they have finished doing all their regular work.  Quite a few of the other crew watched to cheer on their friends and co-workers.  There were 12 acts and the show lasted an hour and 50 minutes so no crafts today.  If you are ever on a cruise with a crew show, go to it!

 

After trivia, I met up with Judy (Dr’s mom) and two of her friends for a toast to the end of the cruise with some bubbly sent to her by her travel agency.

 

All present at dinner and then it was on to the second show of the B.B. King’s All Stars.  They were just as good as last time and had even more people up and dancing.

 

Our last pillow gift arrived.  It is a huge duffel bag (which, if it was full, I would not be able to lift) which folds into itself.

 

Last full day of the cruise tomorrow.

 

1pm trivia – I had 10 out of 18 and two teams had 17.

1.What was the first product tested in a microwave?

2.Which shoe did Cinderella lose – left or right?

3.What commonly used word comes from the Latin for “the place where three roads meet”?

4. What is the name of Mad Magazine’s mascot?

5.  What company buys more sugan and vanilla than any other in the world?

 

 

1.popcorn

2.left

3.trivia

4.Alfred P. Newman

5.Coca-Cola

 

 

4pm trivia – We had 13 out of 18 and two teams had 15

1.Who was the editor of the Daily Planet?

2.What is the world’s largest library with 388 miles of shelves?

3.What is the oldest known vegetable?

4.What gangster’s business cards read, “Second-Hand Furniture Dealer”?

5.Where is the World Series of Poker held?

 

 

 

 

1.Perry White

2.British Library

3.pea

4.Capone

5.Las Vegas

 

7pm trivia – Lightning trivia – I couldn’t stay to the end but had 13 out of 23

1.What are you unable to do if you suffer from anosmia?

2.What was Elvis’ first gold record?

3.Which European country’s flag has the most colors?

4.What is the color of the Monopoly properties most landed on?

5.Which is the busiest airport in Africa?

 

 

1.smell

2.Heartbreak Hotel

3.Croatia

4.orange

5.Johannesburg

 

Smooth sailing until next time!


The internet is really lousy tonight (it took me an hour to get the blog to even load) so the remainder of pictures will be added later (maybe in Fort Lauderdale).


the final pillow gift - unfolded and then folded into the pocket on the front



No comments:

Post a Comment

Inquiring Minds Want to Know - February 9 My daughter flew down and we flew back to Ricmond January 11th.  She drove me directly to VCU hosp...