Monday, December 26, 2022

Rain/Rough Seas 1 - Cayman Islands 0 - December 26


I had a very good night sleeping and was awakened about 8 with Kimberly (Cruise and Travel Director) announcing we had been cleared but tender service was not yet ready.  A few minutes later the Captain announced that he was going to check the tender operation because of the high seas and rain.  After a few minutes more, he announced the port was canceled.  Kimberly then said to stay tuned for updates on new activities for the day.  It was also announced that there would be selected cocktails and sodas available from 1-2 at the Lido Bar.


My right back side was hurting so I took a nerve pill without food and it knocked me out for two and a half hours (she had warned me that they caused drowsiness).  When I awoke my mind was rather fuzzy and I kept wondering why I was so droggy (droggy?), although my mind said that didn't sound right.  I was putting drowsy and groggy together and it took me a moment or two to realize this.  It was time for some food (even though my appetite is still not back).


After lunch, I sat out by the Lido Pool (got my free drinks) and Kathy and Mike came and sat with me and we talked.


After playing 4pm trivia, I changed for dinner (it was a dressy night) because I planned to go as a walk-in after the 6:30 Music Industry trivia.  Turns out I got my table faster as a walk-in just after 7pm than when I make a reservation.


At this point my right back side and upper right leg were hurting and I was walking so slowly I had three people stop to ask if they could help.


I hobbled to the show which was the Jukebox Rogues again, this time with show tunes.  


By the time I got back to my cabin, I was completely wiped out and went to bed at 10:19.  But that is just where the latest story begins.  Stay tuned!


4pm trivia - We had 11 out of 18 and two teams tied with 12

1.  What color is the bottom right Olympic ring?

2.  What is the largest humanitarian organization in the world?

3.  Besides water, what runs through the mouth of the Amazon River and Lake Victoria? (think out of the box)

4.  In what sport do people rush towards a finish line but do not cross it?

5.  Which song topped the Billboard charts for 14 consecutive weeks in 2015?





1.  green

2.  Red Cross

3.  the equator

4.  swimming

5.  Uptown Funk


6:30 Music Industry - We had a dismal 5 and the winners had 13

1.  Paul McCartney credits which musician for teaching him everything he knows?

2.  Shallow won the best original song Oscar in 2019.  It was featured in which movie?

3.  Ann Mae Bullock is better known as which famous singer?

4.  What pop star is the godmother to both of Elton John's sons?

5.  To what song did Tom Cruise lip-sync in his underwear in Risky Business?




1.  Little Richard

2.  A Star is Born

3.  Tina Turner

4.  Lady Gaga

5.  Old Time Rock and Roll



Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inquiring Minds Want to Know - February 9 My daughter flew down and we flew back to Ricmond January 11th.  She drove me directly to VCU hosp...