Sunday, October 16, 2022

Day 2 of Solitary Confinement - Saturday, October 15


A couple of things from yesterday...

    I forgot that I also watched the movie Encanto

    There were a couple of comments about my tea - I threw in a package of cold brew tea bags at the last minute.  I can easily make that and I can get all the ice I want.


Now, on to Day 2 which was just about the same as Day 1 - same activities.  I was able to walk five miles with numerous short walks.  The movie I watched was Clifford, the Big Red Dog. The TV has two action movies, two comedies, and two dramas that repeat through the day.  The vast majority are ones that I have never heard of.  I am not into action movies and don't want a depressing drama so I stick to the comedies.


I think I am starting to adjust to captivity.  It doesn't seem as daunting as it did yesterday.


Many of my friends onboard have been calling when they find out my situation.  It's nice to know I have been missed.


Other than my morning call from the Medical Centre to see how I am feeling, there is no communication from them.  I assume when it comes to day 6 they will let me know about testing (or I will call them).


The food is excellent and I actually had breakfast (which I very seldom eat).  For dinner I had French onion soup, "Petite Beef tender" with mashed leeks and potatoes, and a strawberry tart.


I crossed off Day 2 on my board but had a terrible time going to sleep and with the time change (lost another hour), I didn't get to sleep until after 4am (had gone to bed at 3).  


Smooth sailing until next time!



Breakfast - tomato juice is not my favorite but orange juice is not on the menu.  I heard they were charging $3.50 for fresh squeezed orange juice.


My countdown board - keep your fingers crossed I test negative on the 20th!








     

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. I hope you don't have to miss any port days that you really wanted to see. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, one of the ports I will miss is on the World Voyage.

      Delete
  2. Fingers crossed also! Question, next to the tomato juice, what is in the cup on the far right. Didn’t mean mention the far right a, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Butter for the toast in the basket.

      Delete

Inquiring Minds Want to Know - February 9 My daughter flew down and we flew back to Ricmond January 11th.  She drove me directly to VCU hosp...