Saturday, December 24, 2022

Half Moon Cay - December 23


 Half Moon Cay is Holland America's Private Island in the Bahamas.  I was here in 2015.  I did not go ashore today - here is why.


Last night was horrible.  I started out sitting up on the sofa but could not get comfortable so I got in bed.  I almost could not get out of it again.  Rolling on my side and putting my legs down was excruciating.  For a time, I thought I might have to call for help.  Once I managed on my own, I then decided to put my pillows up against the wall at the end of the sofa and my legs on the sofa.  Much better and I could get off the couch more easily.  Looks like I will be sleeping there for the foreseeable future.  


This night was another of my really low points.  I seem to be able to do less each day.  I may try the doctor on this ship tomorrow.


Although I had a delicious meal in the Pinnacle Grill, I really don't have much of an appetite.  On a normal day, that would be a good thing but I have become uncaring about a lot of things.  My cabin is a mess and I did not unpack anything I didn't need today.  In the back of my mind is the thought I might have to cancel the world voyage.


The bright spot of the day was trivia.  We won both games!   Rich and Bob are very good.


4pm trivia - We won with 13 out of 18

1.  What is the meaning of the "i" in iPad and iPhone?

2.  Which of these airlines purchases 10 tons of caviar per year - Delta, Lufthansa, Emirates, or KLM?

3.  What are the top two selling spices in the world?

4.  Which appliance uses the most electricity - toaster, iron, or TV?

5.  The first slot machines accepted which US coin?





1.  internet

2.  Lufthansa

3.  pepper and cumin

4.  iron

5.  nickel


7pm trivia - Travel trivia - We won with 16 out of 23

1.  Between which two stations is it the shortest distance on the London Underground?

2.  Which three countries do not use the metric system?

3.  In what year did Ireland become independent from Great Britain?

4.  How many countries are in the Gulf Cooperation Council?

5.  Lake Titicaca is in which two countries?


Smooth sailing until next time!





1.  Covent Garden and Leicester Square?

2.  US, Liberia, and Myanmar

3.  1921

4.  6

5.  Peru and Bolivia





No comments:

Post a Comment

Inquiring Minds Want to Know - February 9 My daughter flew down and we flew back to Ricmond January 11th.  She drove me directly to VCU hosp...